Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Louisville Swamp

Today I took a break from my job searching to hike in one of my favorite Twin Cities locations: The Minnesota Valley National Wildlife Refuge - Louisville Swamp Unit. This is a beautiful place for a winter hike. With temperatures reaching near 3 degrees Fahrenheit it is important to dress in layers. There is no better feeling than to be out in single digit weather with your coat open and only wearing thin gloves to help dissipate body heat.
  • 7 miles in 3-5 inches of snow
  • 3 degrees Fahrenheit

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow - great photos. I see that you hike a lot. I wonder if you might be interested in a wiki project I started recently to gather public domain information about hiking trails: http://www.hikipedia.com.

I am from Washington state, so most of the trails in the database are in that state, and I think that at this point there aren't any trails in Minnesota. I am going through some public domain sites (NPS, Forest Service, BLM) and adding trail info - eventually I'll get to Minnesota :-)

Well - I just wanted to spread the word about Hikipedia. I hope you like the site and that you don't mind posting to your blog.

Thanks,

Lukasz